Anyone who is interested in the role, please contact recruiter at email@example.com
Who we are looking for
State Street’s Global Legal Center of Excellence (“GLCOE”) located in Gdansk, Poland, provides core support to State Street’s global business units and corporate functions, including drafting, negotiating and finalizing agreements, supporting key Legal Department initiatives and providing related legal support services. GLCOE is a dynamic team that is committed to delivering exemplary legal support to its global clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Legal Specialist you will be:
- Drafting and negotiating legal contracts and documentation governed by the laws of various global jurisdictions (e.g., Australia, England, United States) in accordance with relevant trainings and within defined risk parameters (e.g., foreign exchange and other derivatives contracts; agreements supporting global custody and administrative services product offerings; global markets product agreements; and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- Supporting Senior Lawyers in delivery of legal services;
- Participating in working groups responsible for transition of new types of agreements to the GLCOE;
- Working cooperatively with State Street Business Units and local Legal Teams globally in escalating and resolving legal issues;
- Supporting legal-related corporate initiatives and projects.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills essential
- Acts collaboratively
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Idea generator
- Demonstrates ability to work accurately and to daily deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably within financial services sector and/or international law firm or international company;
- Law school graduate;
- Proficient legal and business English skills, especially in legal writing;
- Contract negotiation and drafting experience is a plus;
- Flexible working hours (subject to the existing business needs)
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home (subject to existing business needs)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.